As a homeowner, protecting your property from water damage is crucial. One of the most important aspects of keeping your home safe from water-related issues is ensuring that your gutter system is up to par.
However, even with regular maintenance, leaves and debris can clog your gutters, leading to:
- Water overflow
- Damage to your roof
- Damage to your siding
This is why gutter guards are so essential. But with so many options to choose from, it can feel overwhelming to find the right products for your home. In this article, we’ll explore the best gutter guards in 2023, so you can make an informed decision. Read on for more info!
Why Do You Need Gutter Guards?
Gutter guards are designed to prevent debris from blocking your gutters. They’re installed over your gutter system to allow rainwater to flow freely while keeping leaves, twigs, and other debris out. When gutters are clogged with large particles, water is unable to flow through them properly.
This can lead to water overflow, which can damage your roof, siding, and even your landscaping. Thankfully, gutter guards can help to prevent these issues, saving you time and money on repairs.
In addition to preventing blockage and water overflow, gutter guards can also protect your property from pests. Birds, squirrels, and other animals often make their homes in clogged gutters. So, adding a layer of protection prevents them from nesting, keeping your home cleaner and safer.
Last but not least, guards can extend the lifespan of your gutter system. When gutters are blocked, they become heavy and can detach from your home. This could lead to them falling off of your house. Therefore, guards prolong the life of your gutter system.
The Different Types of Gutter Guards
There are different variations of gutter guards. Some of the most common types include:
- Mesh gutter guards: These guards are made of a fine mesh material that allows water to flow through while keeping debris out. They’re typically made of metal or plastic and are relatively easy to install.
- Reverse curve gutter guards: These guards are made to direct water into your gutter system while blocking particles. They’re available in aluminum or vinyl and require professional installation.
- Brush gutter guards: Brush guards are made of bristles that are inserted into your gutter system, and they’re designed to trap debris. As a result, they require more cleaning and maintenance than other types of gutter guards.
- Foam gutter guards: This type of guard consists of foam material that allows water to flow through while keeping debris out. They are simple to install, but should only be used as a temporary solution.
- Screen gutter guards: These guards are made of a metal screen that allows water to pass through while safeguarding against large particles. However, screen gutter guards aren’t always effective at blocking small debris, such as shingle granules and pine needles.
The Top Gutter Guard Brands in 2023
When choosing a gutter guard, it’s essential to pick a reputable brand that offers high-quality products. Some of the best gutter guard brands in 2023 are:
RainDrop offers exceptional gutter protection that surpasses any other gutter guard products. With its ability to withstand heavy downpours, it can handle any amount of water with ease. The gutter guard is crafted from a distinctive blend of polypropylene, making it durable enough to withstand extreme weather conditions—from the hottest climates to the coldest seasons.
LeafFilter is a top brand in the gutter guard industry. Their guards are made of high-quality materials, which include stainless steel micro-mesh. Plus, it comes with a lifetime warranty.
MicroGuard is a newer brand in the gutter guard world but has quickly gained a reputation for its quality products. Their guards are made of durable materials and come with a good warranty.
DIY Gutter Guard Installation vs. Professional Installation
While certain gutter guards are easy to install on your own, others require professional installation. It’s important to consider your DIY skills and the complexity of the installation process before moving forward. Sometimes putting in your own gutter guards may seem more simple than it actually is.
If you’re not comfortable with DIY projects or if the job is too complex, it’s best to hire Andes Roofing. Our professionals will ensure that the guards are put in properly, and there are no headaches down the line. Not to mention, calling us saves time and prevents you from having you go on the roof yourself.
How to Choose the Right Gutter Guard for Your Home
When choosing a gutter guard for your home, there are a few factors to consider. Some of the most important considerations are the following:
- Type of gutter system: Different types of gutter guards work better with different types of gutter systems. Make sure you select a guard that is compatible with your gutter system.
- Climate: If you live in an area with heavy rainfall or snowfall, you may need a gutter guard that’s designed to withstand these conditions. It’s also smart to consider your environment. Do you leave around trees? If so, pick a product that will protect against large and small particles.
- Maintenance: Some gutter guards require more work than others. So, make sure you choose a guard that fits your lifestyle. If you don’t want to clean your gutter guards regularly, pick a product that’s low-maintenance.
Put Your Gutter Guards in Our Hands
If your gutter system needs some TLC, we’ve got you covered. At Andes Roofing, we provide gutter guard services and gutter installation. We’ll give you a free evaluation of your gutter system before starting the project. Next, our experienced installers will work hard to ensure that you get the results you’re looking for.
To get started with your project, give us a call at 812-247-8479, or visit our website to request a quote. We’ll be in touch with you shortly!